Meet Kate Smith, Member Services Coordinator
Nov 2, 2017
Kate Smith joined The Markens Group in May of 2017. Her Roll as Member Services Coordinator is to support all client activities, database management & collaborate with staff on different projects.
1. How long have you been working in your field?
I’ve been in association management for 3 years, with a background in operations management.
2. What are you most passionate about professionally? Personally?
Professionally, I like seeing projects and events come to life and see all the hard work pay off. Personally, I am passionate about environmental conservation.
3. What is your favorite thing about TMG?
Definitely the people. Everyone is really friendly and performs at a high level.
4. If you could describe TMG in one word, what would it be and why?
Progressive. We’re always looking forward and moving all our associations successfully into the future.
5. What is one piece of advice you would give an association?
Organize your records.
6. What would you do even if you didn’t get paid to do it?
Travel the world.
7. What are you surprisingly good at/hidden talents do you have?
Cooking and baking.
8. What is your favorite thing to do when not working?
Spending time outdoors.
9. Favorite type of food?
10. If you tell someone one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I got to study sharks and sea turtles in the Caribbean for a semester.