Your 501(c)(3) needs special attention. And today more than ever, it makes sense to ask for help. In this more complicated, demanding world, the staff and volunteers who give of their time to meet all the needs of their clients and stakeholders are stretched and stressed more than ever. Some of that burden can be relieved by professional specialists, trained in all the tasks necessary to do tasks that are necessary but not core, and help you run a smooth, successful organization.
Maybe that means just one facet of your business – like back office. Or you may be looking to partner with a full-service firm that will keep your organization active and growing. Look no further.
Your members want more and better programming, and The Markens Group can facilitate the value-packed conferences and meetings they’ll remember and come to expect. We have extensive experience in the entire event planning process, from contract negotiation and event promotion to on-site management and member evaluation.
As event planners we can:
- Identify and engage moderators and speakers
- Solicit vendor sponsors for additional revenue
- Provide members with easy online event registration
- Design, write, produce, and distribute marketing materials such as programs, fliers, posters, and banners
- Organize and manage registration and on-site activities
- Organize and manage off-site functions such as special outings, plant tours, etc.
- Facilitate banquets and awards ceremonies
- Provide audio and visual support
- Provide speeches and stage support to moderators and key leadership
- Design presentations for special events as needed
- Supply additional on-site staff as needed
- Manage outside vendors such as photographers, florists, etc.
- Create, distribute, collect, and analyze event evaluation forms.
Executive Director Services
The Executive Director is responsible for assuring that all work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with all laws and regulations, including antitrust monitoring. The Executive Director oversees all work and is responsible for the delivery of quality services to our association partners. Additional responsibilities of the Executive Director:
- Manage the day-to-day requirements of meeting your association’s goals and commitments
- Participate in all board meetings
- Communicate with the Board on a regular basis
- Provide support and participate for committees as required
- Be the public face of the association
- Oversee the smooth execution of your association’s programs and procedures
- Be the lead voice for growing membership and increasing participation
Board of Directors
TMG will be responsible for managing all executive and committee meetings on behalf of your association. We will prepare all documents, notices and minutes, and will participate in these meetings to the extent desired by the board.
TMG will provide your organization’s office and assign a dedicated individual to manage your account.
- Your organization’s mail will be delivered to TMG.
- We will answer all your calls in your organization’s name
- We will provide dedicated email addresses to be managed by your account executive.
Marketing & Communications
TMG’s creative team will write and design both printed pieces and online marketing initiatives. We will build your organization’s brand from the ground up, incorporating logo design, collateral materials, web design, and construction.
Crafting an image in the media means more than sending out press releases. TMG will develop and implement a public relations campaign that will enhance your organization’s favorable position in every pertinent trade media to help you maximize your growth potential.
Whether it is magazines, newsletters, member directories, benchmarking reports, direct mail campaigns, member packets, conference programs, or books, our award-winning designers will create eye-catching publications either in print or digitally that not only inform members but also enhance your association’s brand. Our staff writers can also research and write professional white papers, educational materials, magazine articles, blogs, speeches, and letters. We also have the technical expertise to set up and maintain your organization’s social media postings (such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn), website updates, and weekly newsletters.
Located in Springfield, MA, TMG has over 4,000 square feet of class “A” office space that is configured for optimum interaction and efficiency.
We have two conference rooms overlooking the Connecticut River that can each accommodate up to 14 people for Board or committee meetings, and feature full multimedia support, such as speakerphones, A/V, computer access, and internet hookup. For larger conferences or meetings, we have access to free training rooms in our building. We also have a fully functional reception area and an administrator who performs general reception duties. Our logistics center has high-volume copying, printing, and distribution capabilities.
TMG provides a range of general administrative services, including:
- Association mailing and email addresses
- Receptionist, office space, and office equipment such as photocopiers, faxes, etc.
- Dedicated phone lines answered by a professional receptionist during normal business hours (EST)
- Complimentary use of conference rooms during normal business hours for members
At The Markens Group, we’ll manage your books with the utmost care. We provide a full range of financial services, including budgeting, invoicing, collections, purchasing, accounts payable, and investments. We will develop your annual budget and regularly prepare and publish financial statements for board review. We’ll also manage financial transactions, facilitate annual accounting audits, and develop and maintain a membership dues renewal process.
We suggest that we facilitate a two-day strategic retreat with members of the Board and other key stakeholders, during which we would make decisions together about what is working and what is not, what is value-added and what is not, who the key members and prospects are, and what we feel would make your association attractive to them. At the end of the session, you would receive a strategy map, a better-honed value proposition, and an operating/tactical plan.
Website Design & Social Media
Today you make your first impression with potential members through your web presence. The Markens Group can help you coordinate your website’s content management system and regularly manage your site’s content. We have the data storage and broadband capacity to ensure immediate and consistent access to the information you need to conduct business efficiently and professionally. We can even help with a full website redesign if need be.
Additionally, TMG can create and carry out a full social media strategy that will engage your membership across multiple platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, and more.